April 11, 2013

Book Cover Battle #40 - Heist Society by Ally Carter

This section or meme is call Book Cover Battle, the first time I saw it was at Books Passion for Life as UK vs US  and  Bookaholics book club as UK vs The World but because I don´t live in the UK, I can´t name it that way, so for now is Book Cover Battle .

This week book cover battle is

Heist Society by Ally Carter
Click on the image to go to Goodreads
US                                                 UK

AUS                                           Spanish

French                                         Indonesian

German                                         Polish

Japanese                                         Swedish


I like the original cover, it´s the same for US, UK and Spain, but I prefer the typography in the US cover.

What do you think? Which is your favorite? 

5 comments:

  1. oh wow.. some of those were a bit hard to look it! but you are right, the US cover is the best.

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still isn't a favorite, but the US and all of the ones that followed in its footsteps, are definitely the best of the bunch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not going to lie some of those covers are awful lol! The US is best. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's interesting that so many of them are the same! I like the French one! Thanks for this great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many nice ones here.
    I think I'll just comment on each one.

    US - This is nice. It looks the most natural to me, and the font is nice.

    UK - Why does she look so yellow? And, font on the word "Heist" is small and weird.

    AUS - This is a decent cover. Would have been better if she had had the awesome sunglasses.

    SPANISH - This is like the lovechild of the US cover and the UK cover. It has the font correct, but the skin coloring is still a bit off.

    FRENCH - Not sure if this is trying to pass the book off as an adult mystery book or a teen's first chick-lit book. I like purple background. I don't particularly care for anything else about this cover.

    INDONESIAN - I happen to love this cover. It reminds me of the YA book covers of the 80s and 90s that I grew up with and still love.

    GERMAN - This is a very nice cover. The art is nice, and the lettering being in white makes it really easy to read against the dark background.

    POLISH - Why the different model? And, the shades are wrong! And, the reflections are on the wrong side! Not impressed.

    JAPANESE - I am NOT digging this one at all.

    SWEDISH - This looks like the cover of a chick lit book aimed at women in their mid-20s or early-30s. I do like it....probably because I *AM* in my early-30s. But, it doesn't seem right for this book.

    ReplyDelete